‘Diane Saunders’ is a Data Controller registered with the UK Information Commissioner. You can find details of their registrations in the Public Register of Data Controllers on the Information Commissioner’s website at www.ico.gov.uk
The personal information we collect about you
In order to provide you with advice we need to collect, use, share and store personal information about you, including your name, address, nationality, national insurance number and bank details.
In addition, depending on the advice that you require, we will collect other personal information about you including your income, employment details, source of funds and knowledge of financial instruments. We may do this, both at the time you initially seek advice and at any time you give us instructions in relation to your finances
We may also require you to provide us with information about your health and medical history for certain products (known as ‘sensitive information’). We will always ask you for your consent before you provide us with sensitive information. If you do not give us your consent we will not be able to provide these products and services to you.
Generally we collect information directly from you but we may also obtain information from third parties, such as other financial companies. Where you provide us with personal information relating to others e.g. your dependants or partners for the purpose of providing advice, you confirm that you have their consent or are otherwise entitled to provide this information to us and for us to use it in the ways described in this Policy.
How we use your Personal Information
We will use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with financial and any other associated advice
- To operate and administer any investments and generally to provide services to you as a
Diane Saunders client.
- To meet our legal and regulatory requirements
- To conduct statistical (e.g. client satisfaction surveys) and record keeping operations.
To whom we may send your personal information
We may send your personal information to the following:
- To your nominated email address.
- To legal and regulatory authorities or any third party when required to do so; for example in order to comply with a court order, or in connection with suspected money laundering or other serious crime, or to respond to any request from either a UK or overseas regulator
- Your advisers; for example your lawyer, accountant or other professional adviser where authorised by you and to any other person notified to us by you to give instructions in relation to your investments
- To any third party to whom we transfer or may transfer our rights and duties, including any third party as a result of any restructure, sale or acquisition of Diane Saunders, provided the recipient uses your personal information for the same purposes as it was originally supplied to us and/or used by us
- To any third party to whom we are permitted by law or regulation to disclose your personal information for our legitimate business purposes.
How we keep your personal information secure
We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to keep it safe and secure. We also employ a variety of electronic security measures such as passwords and firewalls
The period of time we will hold your personal information
We will hold your information whilst you have an ongoing relationship with us and for seven years after you terminate your relationship with us. It should be noted that we are obliged by regulation to hold personal information in relation to discretionary payments from an estate to charity indefinitely. Where we provided advice about a pension, we will retain your records indefinitely in order for us to comply with pension record keeping obligations.
We will not use a client’s personal information to send out marketing materials about Diane Saunders or any third party’s products and services.
Accessing and correcting your personal information
You have a right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information please write to us at the address given below. We will provide you with the personal information you have requested within one month of the request.
We want to make sure that the information you give us is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to remove, update or correct any information you think is inaccurate.
You have the right to object to our processing of any aspect of your personal data and to request its erasure should you believe that we have no legal right to continue processing. In some circumstances you have the right to request that we provide certain categories of your personal data to you or any third party in machine readable format. If you believe that we have not complied with your data protection rights please contact us and we will endeavour to resolve this with you. If you remain dissatisfied you can complain to the Information Commissioner. Details can be found via their website, https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Changes to our Policy
We keep our Policy under regular review and we will place any updates on our website. You may also contact us via the address given below for an up to date version. This Policy was last updated in May 2018
How to contact us
Please contact us if you have any questions about our Policy or information we hold about you at the following:
Personal Financial Strategist, Money Coach and Creative Brain
Tel: 0113 268 9102 / 07946 533 290